Saturday, May 01, 2010

Template, Contemplate

Of late I have been thinking of changing the template of my blog. It is a minimalist template, the sort I like, but it does not have many features or applications that present-day templates have. Not that I really need those features, but when I see other people's blogs, I feel outdated. I guess it is time to change.

Yet I am hesitant. For one, it is tedious to look for a template that suits your taste, especially if you are looking for a minimalist template. I am yet to come across one that would make me abandon, without regrets, this particular template that I have been faithful to for over four years now. Had I been a techie, I would have meddled around with the codes and created one to my liking. So that's one obstacle.

Obstacle no. 2 is my own mindset. The look of this blog is the only thing about me that has remained unchanged over the past four years. Everything else has changed and is changing rather rapidly. This is the only relic that remains from the era of happiness, like a grandfather's pipe or pen. Should I exchange it for a new pen?

I remain undecided. The Ganga, meanwhile, continues to flow.

4 comments:

janani sampath said...

Nah, this one's great don't change it at all :) can't imagine a new face for the Ganges...

Anonymous said...

this template is perfect neat and uncomplicated.. dont change jaanu

Soumya said...

This template is quite nice.
That makes it 3-0 :)

Neha said...

Don' change it because it doesn't have what the new ones do! You don't require any of those...and this ones gives a calm, serene and neat look! Keep it going :)